About me

I'm Annie Rigby from Rexburg,Idaho! My major is Marriage and Family Studies at BYU-Idaho. I'm 21 years old and a Junior. I love music, country dancing, and spending time with my family and friends. I love to hike, play tennis, ride bikes, and watch hallmark movies; where everything has a happy ending. I will be sharing what I learn and impressions I gain while taking Marriage-Family 300! This class will be covering important topics relating to the family. This is my first blog and I'm not a writer, so be kind.

Friday, January 20, 2017

Marriage is Eternal

A temple marriage is a covenant that bridges death, transcends time, and stretches unbreakable into eternity. Marriage is an important decision on Earth so that we can have eternal families. I liked this quote about marriage that says, "A home with a loving and loyal husband and wife is the supreme setting in which children can be reared in love and righteousness and in which the spiritual and physical needs of children can be met." -Elder David A.  Bednar. I learned that marriage increases the likelihood that fathers and mothers have good relationships with their children. There are doctrines, principles, and applications for marriage that we talked about. The doctrines are temple ordinances, procreation, ordained of God, prayer, forgiveness, promised blessings, and marriage covenant. The principles are men and woman are equal in Christ, sacred roles, Atonement, Plan of Salvation, fidelity, and eternity. The applications are prayer is you pray together, and atonement is the sacrament and temple.

Recently these days people are delaying marriage because they want to get through all of their education and have a good job, but that is not how it should be. We should have a desire to want to get married even when we are still in school, and in the Lord's timing for us. Everyone is on different paths and so we have to be patient for our future. We should not delay marriage or having a family because it is so important. I have learned that you choose your love and love your choice. I have heard that marriage is hard, but it is eternal and so worth it.

“If you want something to last forever, you treat it differently. you shield it and protect it. You never abuse it. You don’t expose it to the elements. You don’t make it common or ordinary. If it ever becomes tarnished, you lovingly polish it until it gleams like new. It becomes special because you have made it so, and it grows more beautiful and precious as time goes by.” –F. Burton Howard

No comments:

Post a Comment