About me

I'm Annie Rigby from Rexburg,Idaho! My major is Marriage and Family Studies at BYU-Idaho. I'm 21 years old and a Junior. I love music, country dancing, and spending time with my family and friends. I love to hike, play tennis, ride bikes, and watch hallmark movies; where everything has a happy ending. I will be sharing what I learn and impressions I gain while taking Marriage-Family 300! This class will be covering important topics relating to the family. This is my first blog and I'm not a writer, so be kind.

Saturday, December 3, 2016

Parenting


"To you who are parents, I say, show love to your children. You know you love them, but make certain they know it as well. They are so precious. Let them know. Call upon Heavenly Father for help as you care for their needs each day as you deal with challenges which inevitably come with parenthood. You need more than your own wisdom in rearing them."
-President Thomas S. Monson

"Don't just be reactive, be intentional." I have pondered this thought this week, especially when it comes to parenting. As a parent, they can't just sit back and react after children have done something. Teaching the kids right and wrong before a situation arises is the best thing to ensure their safety. As a child my parents always taught me that I need to work hard and do my chores to get what I want in life. So when life gets hard I know that hard work will always benefit me. 

My parents were always good about giving me power to do my best and overcome anything. They let me make choices and if there were consequences then there were. I want to teach my future children that they need to have courage, self esteem, responsibility, cooperation, and be respectful for themselves and others. Every child wants to belong in their family so you have to care for them. I don't want to discourage my children, but notice their progress and efforts. Self esteem comes from good decisions and confidence. I want to have rules for my children that they can follow, and don't be too harsh. I think by teaching my children that if they do some of the work instead of the parent all the time then they learn a lesson from it.


No comments:

Post a Comment